An apologie of priuate masse [microform] : sediciously spredde abroade in writyng without name of the authour: as it semeth, against the offer and protestacion made in certain sermons by the reuerende father Byshop of Salesburie. With an answere and confutacion of the same, set forth for the defence and maintenance of the trueth
- Additional Titles:
- Answere in defence of the truth. Againste the Apologie of priuate masse
Answere in defence of the truth. Againste the Apologie of private masse
Apologie of private masse
- Londini : [Printed by Thomas Powell], Mense Nouemb. 1562.
- Physical Description:
- 31 pages, 5 unnumbered pages, 121 [i.e. 123], 1 unnumbered leaves
- Additional Creators:
- Cooper, Thomas, 1517?-1594
- "An answere in defence of the truth. Againste the Apologie of priuate masse" by Thomas Cooper has separate dated title page.
A reissue, with cancel title page, of the edition with title ".. masse, spred ..". The title page verso warns against copies of the latter circulated without the "Answere".
Appears at reel 424 (Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy) and at reel 745 (British Library copy).
Leaf 123 misnumbered 121.
Printer's name from colophon.
Reproductions of the originals in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery and the British Library.
The anonymous first part is a reply to the sermon printed in: Jewel, John. The true copies of the letters betwene the reverend father in God John Bisshop of Sarum and D. Cole.
The last leaf is blank.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1950, 1958. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 424:6, 745:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 14616.
View MARC record | catkey: 4053265