The boke of secretes of Albartus Magnus [microform] : of the vertues of herbes, stones and certaine beastes. Also, a boke of the same author, of the maruaylous thinges of the world: and of certaine effectes, caused of certayne beastes
- Related Titles:
- De mirabilibus mundi. English
- A translation of "Liber aggregationis" and "De mirabilibus mundi".
Imprint from colophon; actual publication date estimated by STC.
In this edition, A2r line 2 ends: 'say'.
Probably not in fact by Albertus Magnus; also sometimes attributed to Albertus de Saxonia.
Reproduction of the original in British Library.
Signatures: A-K L⁴ (-L4).
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1938. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 2:10).
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18 reel.2:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in Here begynneth the boke of the cyte of ladyes [microform] : the whiche boke is deuyded into. iij. partes. The fyrst parte telleth howe and by whom the walle and the cloystre about the cyte was made. The second parte telleth howe and by whom the cyte was buylded within and peopled. The thyrde parte telleth howe and by whom the hyghe battylmentes of the towres were parfytely made, and what noble ladyes were ordeyned to dwell in ye hyghe palayces and hyghe dongeons. And ye fyrst chapyter telleth howe and by whom and by what mouynge the sayd cyte was made
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 260.
View MARC record | catkey: 4053787