The Lord Coke his speech and charge [microform] : VVith a discouerie of the abuses and corruption of officers
- Pricket, Robert
- Additional Titles:
- L. Cokes charge, giuen at Norwich assises and L. Cokes charge, given at Norwich assises
- London : Printed [by R. Raworth and N. Okes] for Nathaniell Butter, 1607.
- Physical Description:
- 64 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Coke, Edward, Sir, 1552-1634
- "Okes pr[inted]. quires E-H; Raworth the rest"--STC.
Dedication signed: R.P., i.e. Robert Pricket. In fact by him, based on his memory of Coke's speech; repudiated by Coke, and suppressed the day following publication.
One of three states of the edition with the last line of H1r ending "ei-". Of these states, two have Butter's name in the imprint, as here. This state has "Kinght" in line 3 of A3r.
Quire C inner forme and G outer forme exist in two settings each.
Reproduction of the original in Cambridge University Library.
Running title reads: The L. Cokes charge, giuen at Norwich assises.
The first leaf is blank.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1975. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1374:11).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 5492.
View MARC record | catkey: 4053851