The art of identification [electronic resource] : forensics, surveillance, identity / edited by Rex Ferguson, Melissa M. Littlefield, and James Purdon
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 253 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Ferguson, Rex, 1977-, Littlefield, Melissa M., 1979-, and Purdon, James, 1983-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Charming faces and the problem of identification / Matt Houlbrook -- Identity noir / James Purdon -- "The ghosts of individual pecularities" : murder and interpretation in Dickens / Andrew Mangham -- "A puzzle of character" : Francis Iles and narrative of criminality in the 1930s / Victoria Stewart -- The art of identification : the skeleton and human identity / Rebecca Gowland and Tim Thompson -- Becoming more biological : Ruth Ozeki and the postgenomic ethnoracial novel / Patricia E. Chu -- Identification made visible : photographic evidence and Russell Williams / Jonathan Finn -- The face in the biometric passport / Liv Hausken -- The Bourne identification / Rex Ferguson -- Identification and the "intelligent city" / Dorothy Butchard -- Jennifer Egan and the database / Rob Lederer.
- "A multidisciplinary collection of essays exploring current scholarship on the history of human identification. Examines how techniques of identification are entangled within a wider sphere of cultural identity formation"--
- 9780271090573 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 40547611