Congenital Müllerian Anomalies [electronic resource] : Diagnosis and Management / edited by Samantha M. Pfeifer
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- X, 147 p. 100 illus., 70 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Pfeifer, Samantha M. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part I: Etiology and Diagnosis -- Chapter 1. Müllerian Anomaly Classification Systems -- Chapter 2. Diagnostic Approach to Müllerian Anomalies -- Part II: Vertical Anomalies -- Chapter 3. Imperforate Hymen -- Chapter 4. Transverse Vaginal Septum -- Chapter 5. Cervical Agenesis -- Chapter 6. Mullerian Agenesis -- Part III: Lateral Anomalies -- Chapter 7. The Septate Uterus -- Chapter 8. Bicornuate Uterus -- Chapter 9. Uterus Didelphys -- Chapter 10. Unicornuate Uterus -- Chapter 11. Non-communicating Rudimentary Uterine Horns -- Chapter 12. Obstructed Hemivagina.
- Bringing together the most up-to-date information on congenital Müllerian anomalies, this comprehensive text explores advances in understanding the embryological causes of these malformations, the systems used to classify the many types of malformation that may be seen, and the field’s current diagnosis, evaluation and management techniques. Surgical strategies, including minimally invasive techniques, are described in detail, with chapters divided into two sections: vertical anomalies, such as imperforate hymen, transverse genital septum, and cervical and Müllerian agenesis; and lateral anomalies, such as septate, unicornate and bicornate uterus, uterus didelphys and rare anomalies such as obstructed uterine horn and obstructed hemivagina. Aimed at helping to maintain the future reproductive needs of the patient utilizing assisted reproductive technologies, this book is an excellent reference for OB/GYN surgeons and reproductive medicine specialists treating both adolescent or adult patients with these congenital malformations.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 40548521