Flores aliquot sententiarum ex variis collecti scriptoribus. = The flovvers of sencies gathered out of sundry wryters by Erasmus in Latine, and Englished by Richard Tauerner. Huic libello non male co[n]nuenient mimi illi publiani nuper ab eodem Richardi uersi [microform].
- Erasmus, Desiderius, -1536
- Uniform Title:
- Aliquot sententiae insignes. Selections. English
- Additional Titles:
- Aliquot sententiae insignes
- Londini : Ex ædibus Richardi Tauerner [by Richard Bankes], Anno. M.D.XL.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Taverner, Richard, 1505?-1575
- A selection from Erasmus's collection "Aliquot sententiae insignes" that traditionally has been listed as selections from the "Apophthegmata". See "The Library", XIX (1964)--STC.
Appears at reel 39:12 and at reel 79:3 (same copy (Cambridge University. Library) filmed twice).
Colophon reads: "Printed in Fletestrete very diligently under the correction of the selfe Richard Tauerner, by Richard Bankes. Cum priulegio ad imprimendu[m] solum.
Each aphorism in Latin is followed by the English translation.
Imperfect; leaf A3 torn, affecting text.
Reproduction of the original in the Cambridge University Library.
Running title reads: Sententiarum. Flores.
Signatures: A B⁴.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1939,1940. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 39:12, 79:03).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 10445.
View MARC record | catkey: 4055189