The vvorthye and famous history, of the trauailes, discouery, & conquest, of that great continent of Terra Florida [microform] : being liuely paraleld, with that of our now inhabited Virginia. As also the comodities of the said country, with diuers excellent and rich mynes, of golde, siluer, and other mettals, &c. which cannot but giue us a great and exceeding hope of our Virginia, being so neere of one continent. Accomplished and effected, by that worthy Generall and captaine, Don Ferdinaudo [sic] de Soto, and six hundred of Spaniards his followers
- Uniform Title:
- Relaçam verdadeira dos trabalhos que ho governador dom Fernando de Souto e certos fidalgos portugueses passarom no descobrimento da Frolida. English
- Additional Titles:
- Discouerie of Florida, next adioyning to Virginia, Discoverie of Florida, next adjoyning to Virginia, and Worthye and famous history, of the travailes, discovery, & conquest, of that great continent of Terra Florida
- London : Printed [by F. Kingston] for Mathew Lownes, dwelling in Paules church-yard, at the signe of the Bishops head, 1611.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 180 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Hakluyt, Richard, 1552?-1616
- A translation, by Richard Hakluyt, of the anonymous: Relaçam verdadeira dos trabalhos que ho governador dom Fernando de Souto e certos fidalgos portuguesespassarom no descobrimento da Frolida., Cancel title page., Preface signed: Richard Hakluyt., Printer's name from STC., Reproduction of the original in the British Library., Running title reads: The discouerie of Florida, next adioyning to Virginia., Signatures: A-Z⁴ 2A² ., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1671:14).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 22939.
View MARC record | catkey: 4055841