The second booke of the English husbandman [microform] : Contayning the ordering of the kitchin-garden, and the planting of strange flowers: the breeding of all manner of cattell. Together with the cures, the feeding of cattell, the ordering both of pastures and meddow-ground: with the vse both of high-wood and vnder-wood. Whereunto is added a treatise, called Good mens recreation: contayning a discourse of the generall art of fishing, with the angle, and otherwise; and of all the hidden secrets belonging thereunto. Together vvith the choyce, ordering, breeding, and dyeting of the fighting cocke. A worke neuer written before by any author. By G.M.
- Markham, Gervase, 1568?-1637
- Uniform Title:
- English husbandman. Part 2-3
- Additional Titles:
- English husbandman. Part 2-3. and Pleasures of princes, or Good mens recreations
- London : Printed by T[homas] S[nodham] for Iohn Browne, and are to be sould at his shop in S. Dunstanes Church-yard in Fleetstreet, 1614.
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 56, 59-205, that is, 105 pages, 1 unnumbered page; 2 unnumbered pages, 51 pages, 3 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Dennys, John, -1609
- Related Titles:
- Secrets of angling
- "The pleasures of princes, or Good mens recreations", a prose paraphrase with additions of "The secrets of angling" by John Dennys, has separate dated title page, pagination, and register.
A variant (STC 17356a) has title pages dated 1615.
G.M. = Gervase Markham.
P. 105 misnumbered 205.
Printer's name from STC.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
The first leaf is blank except for signature-mark "A"; the last leaf is blank.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1959. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 813:12).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 17356.
View MARC record | catkey: 4056783