Heavens glory, seeke it. Earts [sic] vanitie, flye it. Hells horror, fere it [microform].
- Rowlands, Samuel, 1570?-1630?
- Additional Titles:
- Common cals, cryes and sounds of the bell-man, Common cals, cryes and souuds of the bell-man, Godly prayers necessary and usefull for Christian families upon severall occasions, and Godly prayers necessary and vsefull for Christian families vpon seuerall occasions
- London : Printed [by T. Cotes] for Michaell Sparke, A[nn]o 1628.
- Physical Description:
- 22 unnumbered pages, 215, 214-236 pages, 24 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Sparke, Michael, -1653
- Related Titles:
- Hels torments: and heavens glorie
- "Godly prayers necessary and vsefull for Christian families vpon seuerall occasions" and "The common cals, cryes and souuds [sic] of the bell-man" have separate dated title pages; pagination and register are continuous.
"To the reader" signed: Samuell Rowland.
Includes a reprint of STC 13048.5: "Hels tornments: and heavens glorie", which may be the only part by Rowlands; the rest probably added by Michael Sparke. "Crumms of comfort, the valley of teares and the hill of joy" (STC 23015.7), has a few of the prayers and verses.--STC.
Printer's name from subsidiary title pages.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1981. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1582:20).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 21383.
View MARC record | catkey: 4056837