The rule of faith: or, An exposition of the Apostles Creed [microform] : so handled as it affordeth both milke for babes, and strong meat for such as are at full age. By that worthy seruant of Gods Church, Master Nicholas Bifield, late minister of Gods Word at Islevvorth, and by him in his life time fully perfected and transcribed, so much as is now published for the benefit of Gods Church, by his sonne, Adoniram Bifield
- Byfield, Nicholas, 1579-1622
- Additional Titles:
- Exposition of the Apostles Creed
Exposition of the Creed
Rule of faith
- London : Printed by G. M[iller] for [R. R[ountwaite],] Philemon Stephens and Christopher Meredith, and are to be sold at their shop at the golden Lion in Pauls Church-yard, 1620.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 63, 84-100, 81-272, 301-563 pages, 25 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Byfield, Adoniram, -1660
- A variant of the edition including R. Rounthwaite's name in imprint.
Appears at reel 709 (British Library copy) and at reel 1726 (Harvard University. Library copy).
Colophon reads: London, printed by G.M. for R.R. P. Stephens and C. Meredith ..
Identified as STC 4233 on UMI microfilm reel 709.
Miller's and Rounthwaite's names from STC.
Reproductions of the originals in the British Library and Harvard University. Library.
The last leaf is blank.
Verso running title reads: An exposition of the Creed.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1957, 1982. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 709:1, 1726:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 4233.3.
View MARC record | catkey: 4058396