The onely love of the chiefest of ten thousand: or An heavenly treatise of the divine love of Christ [microform] : shewing 1. The motives 2. The meanes 3. The markes 4. The kinds, &c. of our love towards him. Delivered in five sermons by Master John Preston, Dr. in D. late chaplaine to his majestie, Mr. of Emmanuel Colledge in Cambridge, and sometimes preacher of Lincolnes Inne
- Preston, John, 1587-1628
- Additional Titles:
- Heavenly treatise of the divine love of Christ and Onely love of the chiefest of ten thousand
- London : Printed for John Stafford in Chancery-lane, at the signe of the blew Bible, 1640.
- Physical Description:
- 18 unnumbered pages, 194 pages
- All but the first sermon have separate dated title pages; pagination and register are continuous., Another version of "Mount Ebal", originally issued in 1639 as: The onely love of the chiefest of ten thousand., Includes engraved frontispiece., Reproduction of the original in Cambridge University Library., The words "1. The motives .. 4. The kindes, &c." are bracketed together on title page., Title page from same setting as STC 20239.5 (for J. Stafford, 1639), with date altered in press; representing another issue?--STC., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1979. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1527:11).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 20240.
View MARC record | catkey: 4058745