The foure chiefest offices belonging to horsemanship [microform] : that is to say, the office of the breeder, of the rider, of the keeper, and of the ferrer. In the first part whereof is declared, the order of breeding of horses: in the second, how to breake them, and to make them horses of seruice; containing the whole art of riding lately set forth, and nowe newly corrected, and amended by the author, as well touching the true vse of the hand and musroll, as the turne of the horse. Thirdly, how to diet them, as well when they rest, as when they trauel by the way. Fourthly, to what diseases they be subiect, together with the causes of such diseases, the signes how to know them, and finally how to cure the same. Whereto are added diuers medicines, not heretofore printed. Which bookes are not onely painfully collected out of a number of authors, but also orderly disposed and applied to the vse of this our countrey. By Master Blundeuill of Newton-Flotman in Norffolke
- Blundeville, Thomas, active 1561
- Additional Titles:
- Art of riding, Fower chiefyst offices belongyng to horsemanshippe, Order of curing horses diseases, and Order of dieting of horses
- Imprinted at London : By Humfrey Lownes, for the Company of Stationers, 1609.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 22 pages, 7 unnumbered pages, 81 pages, 3 unnumbered pages, 22 pages, 5 unnumbered pages, 86 leaves : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Grisone, Federico
- "The art of riding," "The order of dieting of horses," and "The order of curing horses diseases" have separate title pages and foliation; register is continuous.
In four parts. Part 2, an abridgement and adaptation of "Ordini de cavalcare" by Federico Grisone, was previously published as STC 3158.
Reproduction of the original in the the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign Campus). Library.
With a final contents leaf.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1975. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1440:06).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 3157.
View MARC record | catkey: 4059619