The byrth of mankynde, newly translated out of Laten into Englysshe. In the which is entreated of all suche thynges the which chaunce to women in theyr labor, and all suche infyrmitees whiche happen vnto the infantes after they be delyuered. And also at the latter ende or in the thyrde or last boke is entreated of the conception of mankynde, and howe manye wayes it may be letted or furtheryd, with diuers other fruytefull thynges, as doth appere in the table before the booke [microform].
- Rösslin, Eucharius, -1526
- Uniform Title:
- Swangern Frawen und hebammen Rosegarten. English
- Additional Titles:
- Der swangern Frawen und hebammen Rosegarten
- [Imprynted at London] : [By T[homas] R[aynald]] Cum priuilegio regali, ad imprimendum solum, [Anno Domini. M.CCCCC.XL. ]
- Physical Description:
- 1 unnumbered page, VI-LXXXVIII leaves, 2 unnumbered leaves of plates
- Additional Creators:
- Jonas, Richard
- A translation by Richard Jonas, whose name appears on leaf 6r, of a Latin translation of: Der swangern Frawen und hebammen Rosegarten.
By Eucharius Roeslin, whose first name is given on leaf 6v.
Printer's initials and publication date from colophon; printer's name from STC.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Signatures: AB⁴ C-Y⁴.
Variant: title page lacks "Cum priuilegio ..".
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1942. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 142:18).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 21153.
View MARC record | catkey: 4060264