The profitable arte of gardening [microform] : nowe the thirde time set forth: to which is added much necessarie matter, and a number of secretes, with the phisicke helpes belonginge to eche herbe, and that easly prepared. To this is annexed, tvvo proper treatises, the one entituled, The maruellous gouernment, propertie, and benefite of the bees, with the rare secrets of the honie and waxe. And the other: the yearely coniectures, meete for husbandmen to knovv: englished by Thomas Hill Londoner. VVherunto is newly added a treatise of the arte of graffing and planting of trees
- Hill, Thomas, approximately 1528-
- Additional Titles:
- Profitable art of gardening
Profitable instruction of the perfite orderinge of bees
- Imprinted at London : By Henrie Bynneman[, dwelling in Knightryder streate at the signe of the Mermayde], Anno. 1574.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, 134 pages, 2 unnumbered pages; 8 unnumbered pages, 87 pages, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations
- "A profitable instruction of the perfite ordering of bees" has separate dated title page and separate pagination; register is continuous.
Printer's address from colophon.
Reproduction of the original in the Arnold Arboretum Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1948. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 345:13).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 13493.
View MARC record | catkey: 4061310