Certain discourses, vvritten by Sir Iohn Smythe, Knight: concerning the formes and effects of diuers sorts of weapons, and other verie important matters militarie, greatlie mistaken by diuers of our men of warre in these daies; and chiefly, of the mosquet, the caliuer and the long-bow; as also, of the great sufficiencie, excellencie, and wonderful effects of archers: with many notable examples and other particularities, by him presented to the nobilitie of this realme, & published for the benefite of this his natiue countrie of England [microform].
- Smythe, John, Sir, approximately 1534-1607
- Additional Titles:
- Certain discourses, written by Sir John Smythe, Knight and Certen discourses, written by Sir Iohn Smythe, Knight
- At London : Printed by [Thomas Orwin for] Richard Iohnes, at the signe of the Rose and Crowne neere Holburne Bridge, 1. Maij. 1590.
- Physical Description:
- 18 unnumbered pages, 50 leaves
- Actual printer's name from STC.
Quire (a) is two leaves; 21 authors cited on (a)2r; B1.4 is a cancel; catchword, B4r, "and". Variant: quire (a) is one leaf, with 18 authors cited; B1.4 are cancellanda, with B4r catchword "they".
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Running title reads: Certen discourses, written by Sir Iohn Smythe, Knight.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1948. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 340:10).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 22883.
View MARC record | catkey: 4061682