Anima'dversions of vvarre; or, A militarie magazine of the truest rules, and ablest instructions, for the managing of warre [microform] : Composed, of the most refined discipline, and choice experiments that these late Netherlandish, and Swedish warres have produced. With divers new inventions, both of fortifications and stratagems. As also sundry collections taken out of the most approved authors, ancient and moderne, either in Greeke. Latine. Italian. French. Spanish. Dutch, or English. In two bookes. By Robert Ward, Gentleman and commander
- Ward, Robert, active 1639
- Additional Titles:
- Anima'dversions of warre, Anima'dversions of warre; or, A militarie magazine of the truest rules, and ablest instructions, for the managing of warre, and Militarie magazine of the truest rules, and ablest instructions, for the managing of warre
- London : Printed by Iohn Dawson [, Thomas Cotes, and Richard Bishop], and are to be sold by Francis Eglesfield at the signe of the Marigold in Pauls Church-yard, 1639.
- Physical Description:
- 30 unnumbered pages, 394 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 101 pages, 7 unnumbered pages, 3 unnumbered folded leaves : illustrations (woodcuts)
- Additional Creators:
- Marshall, William, active 1617-1650
- "A table, demonstrating the quantitie of paces of ground which any number of souldiers .. shall occupie for their stations ..",  p. at end., Appears at reel 944 (Yale University. Library copy) and at reel 1534 (University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign Campus). Library copy)., Book 2 has separate dated title page and pagination; register is continuous., Cotes printed quires 2b-2e; Bishop printed 2A-2I; Dawson printed the rest (STC)., Identified as STC 25025a on UMI microfilm reel 1534., Reel 944: lacks engraved title page. Reel 1534: pages 76-83 of Book 1 from the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy filmed at end., Reproductions of the originals in Yale University. Library and the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign Campus). Library., The letterpress title page is a cancel., The words "Greeke .. Italian." and "French .. Dutch," are bracketed together on the title page., With an additional title page, engraved, lacking Eglesfield's name in imprint, and signed: Wi: Marshall. sculpsit., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1962, 1979. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 944:13, 1534:10).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 25025.
View MARC record | catkey: 4062014