Five sermons [microform] : preached upon severall occasions; viz. 1. The Athenian babbler, at S. Maries in Oxford. 2. Iacob and Esau, election and reprobation, at Pauls Crosse. 3. The arraignment of the Arrian, at Pauls Crosse. 4. Moses and Aaron, at S. Maries in Oxford. 5. Natures overthrow and deaths triumph, at the funerall of Sir Iohn Sydenham at Brimpton. By H. Sydenham M. of Arts, and fellow of Wadham College in Oxford
- Sydenham, Humphrey, 1591-1650?
- Uniform Title:
- Sermons. Selected sermons
- Additional Titles:
- Arraignment of the Arrian, Iacob and Esau, Jacob and Esau, Moses and Aaron, and Natures overthrow, and deaths triumph
- London : Printed by I. Haviland, and are sold by N. Fussell at the White Lion and Ball in Pauls Church-yard, 1637.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 39 pages, 5 unnumbered pages, 49-186 pages, 2 unnumbered pages
- "Iacob and Esau", "The arraignment of the Arrian", "Moses and Aaron", and "Natures overthrow, and deaths triumph" each have separate title page with imprint "London, printed by John Haviland, 1636"; pagination and register are continuous.
Another state of the 1636 edition, with title page reset.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
The last leaf is blank.
The page before 49 is numbered 80.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1982. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1611:11).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 23566.
View MARC record | catkey: 4062081