New dialogues or colloquies, and, a little dictionary of eight languages. Latine, French, Low-Dutch, High-Dutch, Spanish, Italian, English, Portugall [microform] : A booke very necessary for all those that studie these tongues, either at home or abroad. Now perfected and made fit for travellers, young merchants and sea-men, especially those that desire to attaine to the use of these tongues
- Uniform Title:
- Colloques ou dialogues
- Additional Titles:
- Colloquia & dictionariolum octo linguarum; Latinæ, Gallicæ, Belgicæ, Teutonicæ, Hispanicæ, Italicæ, Anglicæ, & Portugallicæ
- London : Printed by E. G[riffin] for Michael Sparke junior, and are to be sold neere the Exchange and in Popes-head Palace, 1639.
- Physical Description:
- 366 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Berlemont, Noël de, -1531
- Related Titles:
- An anonymous multilingual vocabulary based on Noël de Berlemont's Flemish-French colloquies and dictionary of which the earliest surviving edition is Antwerp, 1536. Printers name from STC.
Has English and Latin title pages. Title taken from first title page on [par.]1v; title page on [par.]2r is in Latin and begins: Colloquia & dictionariolum octo linguarum; Latinæ, Gallicæ, Belgicæ, Teutonicæ, Hispanicæ, Italicæ, Anglicæ, & Portugallicæ.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Signatures: [par.]⁴ A-Y Z⁴ (-Z4).
The imprint on Latin title page has Sparke's address as "Green-arbour".
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1961. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 872:10).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 1432.
View MARC record | catkey: 4062203