The saints humiliation [microform] : Being the substance of nine profitable sermons upon severall texts. viz: 1 The nature of a fast; on Iudges 20.26. 2 The Christians watchfulnesse; on Mark. 13.37. 3 Gods controversie for sinne; on Hosea 4.12. 4 The remedy for distresse; on Gen. 32.9.11. 5 The use of the covenant & promises; on Gen. 32.10. 6 The broken sacrifice; on Psalme 51.17. 7 Good wishes for Sion; on Psalme 51.17. 8 Motives to repentance; 9 An exhortation to repentance; on Math. 3.7.8. First preached and applied by Samuel Torshel, minister of Gods Word at Bunbury, and now published for the common good
- Torshell, Samuel, 1604-1650
- Additional Titles:
- Nine sermons of humiliation and Psal. 51.18.
- London : Printed by Iohn Dawson [and R. Young] for Henry Overton, and are to be sold at his shop at the entering into Popes-head-alley out of Lumbard-streete, 1633.
- Physical Description:
- 40 unnumbered pages, 116, 69 pages, 3 unnumbered pages
- "Psal. 51.18." begins new pagination on 2A1.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Running title reads: Nine sermons of humiliation.
The last leaf is blank.
The words "1 The nature .. Math. 3.7.8." are bracketed together on the title page. The words "8 Motives .. exhortation to repentance;" are additionally bracketed together.
Young printed 2A-2I (STC).
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1965. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1040:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 24142.
View MARC record | catkey: 4062430