An admonition to the people of England [microform] : vvherein are ansvvered, not onely the slaunderous vntruethes, reprochfully vttered by Martin the libeller, but also many other crimes by some of his broode, obiected generally against all bishops, and the chiefe of the cleargie, purposely to deface and discredite the present state of the Church. Seene and allowed by authoritie
- Cooper, Thomas, 1517?-1594
- Imprinted at London : By the deputies of Christopher Barker, printer to the Queenes most excellent Maiestie, 1589.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 244 pages
- "Martin the libeller" = Martin Marprelate.
"To the reader" signed: T.C., i.e. Thomas Cooper.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
This edition of 244 p. is "presumably the 3rd ed."--STC.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1969. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1169:07).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 5682.
View MARC record | catkey: 4062453