An ansvver to a challenge made by a Iesuite in Ireland [microform] : Wherein the iudgement of antiquity in the points questioned is truly delivered, and the noveltie of the now romish doctrine plainely discovered by Iames Vssher bishop of Meath. Whereunto is added a sermon preached before His Majesty at Wansted, by the same author
- Ussher, James, 1581-1656
- Additional Titles:
- Answer to a challenge made by a Jesuite in Ireland
- London : Printed [by Humphrey Lownes] for the Society of Stationers, 1625.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages, 527 pages, 9 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Malone, William, 1586-1656
- A printing of and reply to "The Jesuites challenge" by W.B., i.e. William Malone, of which a separate printing is not known., A2 is a duplicate title page lacking the words "Whereunto .. author."., Bound and filmed with STC 24546. Print faded and show-through; some pages marked and stained. Title page, A2r-A4r, p. 22-35, 220-235, 250-263, 304-323, 516-527, and 2L3r-2L6r from the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy spliced at end., Cf. Folger catalogue, which gives signatures: A ² A² B-V ² V-2K 2L⁶ [2M]¹., Issued with an edition of his: A briefe declaration of the universalitie of the Church of Christ, and the unitie of the catholike faith professed therein., Printer's name from STC., Reproduction of the original in the Union Theological Seminary (New York, N.Y.). Library., The last four leaves contain a list of authors cited., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1974. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1368:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 24543.
View MARC record | catkey: 4062826