[The manners, lavves, and customes of all nations. Collected out of the best vvriters by Ioannes Boemus Aubanus, a Dutch-man. With many other things of the same argument, gathered out of the historie of Nicholas Damascen. The like also out of the history of America, or Brasill, written by Iohn Lerius. The faith, religion and manners of the Aethiopians, and the deploration of the people of Lappia, compiled by Damianus à Goes With a short disourse of the Aethiopians, taken out of Ioseph Scaliger his seuenth booke de Emendatione temporum. Written in Latin, and now newly translated into English. By Ed. Aston.] [microform].
- Joannes, approximately 1485-1535
- Uniform Title:
- Omnium gentium mores. Book 1-3. English
- Additional Titles:
- Manners, lawes, and customes of all nations
Omnium gentium mores. Book 1-3.
- [London] : [Printed by G. Eld], 
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 408, 449-589 pages, 3 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Nicolaus, of Damascus
Aston, Edward, 1573 or 1574-
Góis, Damião de, 1502-1574
Léry, Jean de, 1534-1611
Scaliger, Joseph Juste, 1540-1609
- Related Titles:
- De emendatione temporum
Fides, religio, moresque Aethiopum
Histoire d'un voyage fait en la terre du Bresil
- A variant of the 1611 edition with both Eld's and Burton's names in the imprint.
Imperfect; lacks title page.
Reproduction of the original in the Cambridge University Library.
The first part is a translation of books 1-3 of: Omnium gentium mores.
Title from variant edition (STC 3198.5.); imprint from STC.
With extracts from "Historia universalis" by Nicolaus Damascenus, "Histoire d'un voyage fait en la terre du Bresil" by Jean de Léry; and "Fides, religio, moresque Aethiopum" by Damiaõ de Góis.
With three final contents pages.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1955. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 625:03).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 3198.
View MARC record | catkey: 4062851