The Christian disputations, by Master Peter Viret. Deuided into three partes, dialogue wise: set out with such grace, that it cannot be, but that a man shall take greate pleasure in the reading thereoff. Translated out of French into English, by Iohn Brooke of Ashe [microform].
- Viret, Pierre, 1511-1571
- Uniform Title:
- Disputations chrestiennes. English
- Additional Titles:
- Disputations chrestiennes
- Imprinted at London : By Thomas East, 1579.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 200 leaves, 201-207 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 209-301 pages, 3 unnumbered leaves
- Additional Creators:
- Brooke, John, -1582 and Calvin, Jean, 1509-1564
- A translation of: Disputations chrestiennes.
Frontispiece portrait of author added; some print faded and show-through.
Parts two and three each have separate divisional title page; foliation and register are continuous.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
Translator's dedication signed: Iohn Brooke.
With an introduction by Jean Calvin.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1983. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1645:6).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 24776.
View MARC record | catkey: 4063058