The noble experyence of the vertuous handy warke of surgeri, practysyd [and] compyled by the moost experte mayster Iherome of Bruynswyke, borne in Straesborowe in Almayne ... Item there after he hath authorysed and done it to vnderstande thrugh the trewe sentences of the olde doctours and maysters very experte in the scyence of surgery, as Galienus, Ipocras, Auicenna, Gwydo, Haly abbas, Lancfrancus of mylen, Iamericus, Rogerius, Albucasis, Place[n]tinus, Brunus, Gwilhelmus de saliceto, [and] by many other maysters whose names be wryten in this same boke. ... Item yf ye fynde ony names of herbes or of other thynges wherof ye haue no knowlege, yt shall ye knowe playnly by the potecarys. Item here shall you fynde also for to make salues, plasters, powders, oyles, and drynkes for woundes. Item who so desyreth of this science ye playne knowlege let hym oftentymes rede this boke, and than he shall gette perfyte vnderstandynge of the noble surgery [microform].
- Brunschwig, Hieronymus, approximately 1450-approximately 1512
- Uniform Title:
- Buch der Cirurgia. English
- Additional Titles:
- Buch der cirurgia
- [Imprynted at London] : [In Southwarke by Petrus Treueris], [In the yere of our lorde god. M.D.xxv.  and the. xxvi. day of Marche]
- Physical Description:
- 156 unnumbered pages : illustrations (woodcuts)
- A translation of a Dutch version of: Buch der cirurgia.
Imprint from colophon.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
Signatures: A-S⁴ T⁶.
Title page in red and black.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1939. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 53:6).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 13434.
View MARC record | catkey: 4063265