George, by the diuine prouidence, Bishop of London: to all and singuler archdeacons, deanes, and their officials, parsons, vicars, curates, churchwardens; and to all other ecclesiasticall officers and ministers, within my Diocesse of Winton, and the seuerall parishes thereof, greeting [microform] : Whereas letters haue been lately addressed vnto vs from the most Reuerend Father in God, the Lord Archbishop of Canterburie his Grace, recommending ... the publication of a discourse written by Captaine Richard Whitbourne, concerning New-found-land ...
- Corporate Author:
- Church of England. Diocese of London. Bishop (1621-1628 : Montaigne)
- Additional Titles:
- George, by the divine providence, Bishop of London: to all and singuler archdeacons, deanes, and their officials, parsons, vicars, curates, churchwardens; and to all other ecclesiasticall officers and ministers, within my Diocesse of Winton, and the severall parishes thereof, greeting
- [London] : [Printed by Felix Kingston], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page)
- Additional Creators:
- Montaigne, George, 1569-1628
- Imprint from STC.
MS. note signed by Whitbourne.
One of five versions of this text, each printed from standing type with varying amounts of alteration. This version has the text in two paragraphs. For details on printing history see "Essays honoring Lawrence C. Wroth", p. 223-33.
Referring to Whitbourne's "A discourse containing a loving invitation for the advancement of his Majesties most hopefull plantation in the New-found-land", and instructing parishes to collect money for Whitbourne.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
Signed: at London, the 16. of Septem. 1622. Geo. London, i.e. George Mountaigne, Bishop of London.
Usually found with STC 25372 and 25375a.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1983. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1646:10).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 25375a.4.
View MARC record | catkey: 4063669