Synopsis papismi, that is, A generall viewe of papistrie [microform] : wherein the whole mysterie of iniquitie, and summe of antichristian doctrine is set downe, which is maintained this day by the Synagogue of Rome, against the Church of Christ, together with an antithesis of the true Christian faith, and an antidotum or counterpoyson out of the Scriptures, against the whore of Babylons filthy cuppe of abominations: deuided into foure bookes or centuries, that is, so many hundreds of popish heresies and errors
- Willet, Andrew, 1562-1621
- Additional Titles:
- Generall viewe of papistrie
- At London : Printed by the widdow Orwin, for Thomas Man, dwelling in Pater noster row at the signe of the Talbot, 1594.
- Now this second time perused and published by the former author, and augmented with a fourth hundred of errors, and other necessarie additions, to be seene in the end of the preface.
- Physical Description:
- 20 unnumbered pages, 402 pages, 5 unnumbered pages, 408-1, 068 [i.e. 1, 059], 15 unnumbered pages
- Books 2 and 4 each have separate dated title page; register and pagination are continuous.
Dedication to Queen Elizabeth signed: Andrew Willet.
Lacks quire *, 2E2, and 3F1,2.
P. 1059 misnumbered 1068.
Quire *, the dedication to Sir William Russell, is lacking in many copies.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
With a final errata leaf.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1949. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 402:2).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 25697.
View MARC record | catkey: 4063699