Sir Thomas Ouerburie his vvife. With nevv elegies vpon his (now knowne) vntimely death. Whereunto are annexed, New newes and characters, written by himselfe and other learned gentlemen [microform].
- Overbury, Thomas, Sir, 1581-1613
- Uniform Title:
- Wife now a widowe
- Additional Titles:
- Sir Thomas Overburie his wife
Wife now a widowe
- London : Printed by Edward Griffin for Laurence L'isle, and are to bee sold at his shop at the Tigers head in Pauls Churchyard, 1616.
- The eight impression.
- Physical Description:
- 256 unnumbered pages
- Additional Creators:
- Webster, John, 1580?-1625?
- An edition of: A wife now a widowe.
Imperfect; leaves E1,8 and P4-5 lacking.
Partly in verse.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
Signatures: [par.] A-M O-Q.
This edition contains 72 characters. The first 22 characters are by Overbury and others; John Webster has been suggested as the probably author of the 32 characters added to the sixth impression in 1615.--Folger Shakespeare Library catalog.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1977. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1552:20).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 18910.
View MARC record | catkey: 4064427