A booke of curious and strange inuentions, called the first part of needleworkes [microform] : containing many singuler and fine sortes of cut-workes, raisde-workes, stiches, and open cutworke, verie easie to be learned by the dilligent practisers, that shall follow the direction herein contained. Newlie augmented
- Ciotti, Giovanni Battista, active 1583-1635
- Uniform Title:
- Prima parte de'fiori, e disegni di varie sorti di ricami moderni. English
- Additional Titles:
- Booke of curious and strange inventions, called the first part of needleworkes
First part of needleworkes
Prima parte de'fiori, e disegni di varie sorti di ricami moderni
- [London] : First imprinted in Venice. And now againe newly printed in more exquisite sort for the profit and delight of the gentlewomen of England [by J. Danter] For VVilliam Barley, 1596.
- Physical Description:
- 3 unnumbered leaves, 16 unnumbered leaves of plates
- By Giovanni Battista Ciotti.
Formerly STC 18418.
Identified as STC 18418 on UMI microfilm.
Place of publication and printer's name from STC.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
The patterns are reproductions of the designs in Ciotti's "Prima parte de'fiori, e disegni di varie sorti di ricami moderni" (1591).
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1965. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1029:09).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 5323a.8.
View MARC record | catkey: 4064498