The first volume of the ecclesiasticall history [microform] : contayning the actes [and] monumentes of thinges passed in euery kinges time, in this realme, especially in the Churche of England principally to be noted. with a full discourse of such persecutions, horrible troubles, the suffring of martirs, the seuere punishment of persecutors, the great prouidence of God in preseruing many, and other thinges incident touching aswell the sayde Church of England, as also Scotland, and all other forrein nations, from the primitiue time, till the raigne of king Henry the Eyght. Newly recognised and inlarged by the author. I. Foxe. 1576
- Foxe, John, 1516-1587
- Uniform Title:
- Actes and monuments
- Additional Titles:
- Book of martyrs and Second volume of the ecclesiasticall history
- At London : Printed by Iohn Daye, dwelling ouer Aldersgate. These bookes are to be solde at his shop vnder the gate, and at the west dore of Paules. Cum gratia & priuilegio Regiæ Maiestatis, 
- Physical Description:
- 26 unnumbered pages, 771 pages, 3 unnumbered pages, 773-2, 008 pages, 26 unnumbered pages, 4 unnumbered folded plates : illustrations, map (woodcut)
- "The second volume of the ecclesiasticall history" has separate title page; register and pagination are continuous.
Lacks all after 5Y1.
Publication date from first colophon.
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
The "plates" are woodcuts.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1953. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 540:4).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 11224.
View MARC record | catkey: 4064859