The quintesence of wit [microform] : being a corrant comfort of conceites, maximies, and poleticke deuises, selected and gathered together by Francisco Sansouino. VVherin is set foorth sundrye excellent and wise sentences, worthie to be regarded and followed. Translated out of the Italian tung, and put into English for the benefit of all those that please to read and vnderstand the works and worth of a worthy writer
- Uniform Title:
- Propositioni overo considerationi in materia di cose di stato. Book 1. English
- At London : Printed by Edward Allde, dwelling without Cripple-gate at the signe of the gilded Cuppe, Octobris. 28. 1590.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 66, 66-81, 81-98 pages, 4 unnumbered leaves
- Additional Creators:
- Hitchcock, Robert, Captain and Sansovino, Francesco, 1521-1586
- A translation of the first book of "Propositioni overo considerationi in materia di cose di stato .. di M.F. Guicciardini, G.F. Lottini, F. Sansovino", edited by Sansovino.
A variant (STC 21744a) lacks the month date in imprint.
Appears at reel 469 (Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery copy) and at reel 665 (Folger Shakespeare Library copy).
Identified as STC 21744b on UMI microfilm reel 665.
Reproductions of the originals in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery and the Folger Shakespeare Library.
Translator's dedication signed: Robert Hichcock.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1951, 1956. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 469:10, 665:15).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 21744.
View MARC record | catkey: 4065180