Thrēnoikos. = The house of mourning [microform] : furnished with directions for preparations to meditations of consolations at the houre of death. Delivered in XLVII· sermons, preached at the funeralls of divers faithfull servants of Christ. By Daniel Featly Martin Day Richard Sibbs Thomas Taylor Doctors in Divinitie. And other reverend divines
- Additional Titles:
- House of mourning
- London : Printed by John Dawson, for R[alph] M[abbe and Nicholas Bourne] and are to be sold by Philip Nevill, at the signe of the Gunne in Ivie-lane, 1640.
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 647, 678-916 pages
- Additional Creators:
- H. W., active 1640
Featley, Daniel, 1582-1645
- A variant of the edition with imprint naming John Bellamie, and Ralph Smith as booksellers.
Editor's note "To the Christian reader" signed: H.W.
First word of title in Greek characters; the words "directions .. consolations at", "Daniel .. Day", and "Richard .. Taylor" are enclosed in brackets.
Lacking A5-7, X3-Z5, 2C4-2I3, 2K6-L1, 2Q3-2V3.
Most of the sermons have separate title page with imprint "London, printed by Iohn Dawson, for Ralph Mabbe. 1639". All lack author's name except for number 41, attributed to Daniel Featley, and with imprint "London, printed by Iohn Dawson, for Nicolas Bourne. 1639".
Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1966. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1475-1640 ; 1085:20).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.) 24048.
View MARC record | catkey: 4065268