An Arthur Berger retrospective [sound recording].
- Berger, Arthur, 1912-2003
- Uniform Title:
- Instrumental music. Selections
- New York, N.Y. : New World Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (55 min.) : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Oldfather, Christopher
Stewart, Don, 1935-
Smirnoff, Joel, 1950-
Berger, Arthur, 1912-2003
Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc
- Duo no. 1 for violin and piano -- Quartet for winds -- Duo for cello and piano -- Duo for oboe and clarinet -- Trio for guitar, violin and piano.
- Compact disc.
On label: Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc.
Biographical and program notes by Carol J. Oja, with selected discography and bibliography (11 p. : port.) inserted in container.
Editions recorded: APNM (1st work) ; Henmar Press (2nd, 4th works) ; Galaxy (3d work) ; Boelke-Bomart (5th work).
The 2nd work for flute, oboe, clarinet and bassoon.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st work: Joel Smirnoff, violin ; Christopher Oldfather, piano. In the 2d work: members of the Boehm Quintette. In the 3rd work: Joel Krosnick, violoncello ; Gilbert Kalish, piano. In the 4th work: Phyllis Lanini, oboe ; Don Stewart, clarinet. In the 5th work: Joel Smirnoff, violin ; David Starobin, guitar ; Gilbert Kalish, piano.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters Auditorium, New York, Sept., Dec. 1987 ; and at RCA Studio A, New York (3rd work), Jan. 1988.
View MARC record | catkey: 406532