The CBT workbook for perfectionism : evidence-based skills to help you let go of self-criticism, build self-esteem, & find balance / Sharon Martin ; [foreword by Julie de Azevedo Hanks].
- Martin, Sharon C., 1971-
- Oakland, CA : New Harbinger Publications, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 224 pages ; 26 cm
- Chapter 1. What Is Perfectionism?; Chapter 2. What Perfectionism Looks Like in Your Life; Chapter 3. Uncovering the Roots of Your Perfectionism; Chapter 4. From Fear to Courage; Chapter 5. From Self-Criticism to Self-Compassion; Chapter 6. From Procrastinating to Getting Things Done; Chapter 7. From Busy to Mindfully Present; Chapter 8. From People-Pleasing to Being Assertive; Chapter 9. From Anger to Peace; Chapter 10. From Criticizing to Accepting Others; Chapter 11. From Guilt to Self-Care; Chapter 12. From Shame to Connection Chapter 13. Putting It All TogetherAppendix A. Cognitive Distortions; Appendix B. Questions for Challenging Perfectionist Thinking; Appendix C. Feeling Words; Appendix D. Self-Care Activities; References
- "If you feel an intense pressure to be perfect, this evidence-based workbook offers real strategies based in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to help you develop a more balanced and healthy perspective. Do you hold yourself--and perhaps others--to extremely high standards? Do you procrastinate certain tasks because you're afraid you won't carry them out perfectly? If you've answered "yes" to one or both of these questions, chances are you're a perfectionist. And while there's nothing wrong with hard work and high standards, perfectionism can also take over your life if you let it. So, how can you find balance? With this workbook, you'll identify the causes of your perfectionism and the ways it is negatively impacting your life. Rather than measuring your self-worth by productivity and accomplishments, you'll learn to exercise self-compassion, and extend that compassion to others. You'll also learn ways to prioritize the things that really matter to you, without focusing on attaining fixed goals. Life isn't perfect, and neither are we. If you're ready to break free from out-of-control perfectionism and start living a richer, fuller life, this workbook will help you get started"--
"This evidence-based workbook offers real strategies based in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to help readers overcome perfectionism and create a more balanced perspective. Readers will identify the causes of their perfectionism, discover how perfectionism is negatively impacting their lives, and gain invaluable skills for cultivating self-compassion toward themselves and others"--
- 9781684031535 (paperback)
- Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 40788445