Skeleton flower / Degenerate Art Ensemble presents ; Haruko Crow Nishimura, performer, choreographer/director, concept
- New York, NY : Broadway Licensing, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (80 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Kohl, Joshua, Nishimura, Haruko, Broadway Licensing, and Degenerate Art Ensemble (Performance art group)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- A powerful live music, visceral movement theater and dance, projected cinematic imagery and storytelling ritual. It is a semi-autobiographical exploration of creator/performer, Haruko Crow Nishimura, and her struggle with identity, depression, childhood trauma, and the awakening of personal power. The piece deals with these issues with humor and imagination, tracing her personal struggle through three fairy tales which were read to her by her mother growing up. The world of "Skeleton Flower" is a multi dimensional patchwork quilt that conjures and consoles her female ancestors through the use of hand felted wools, ten thousand hand painted silk flowers, and knitted sweaters which fill fantastic worlds in the work's cinematic imagery.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from title screen (viewed March 13, 2023).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music: Joshua Kohl ; costume designers: Willow Fox, Wyly Astley, Elizabeth Jameson ; lighting designer: Tom Wisely.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Haruko Crow Nishimura, Natalya Kolokowsky, Maria Thomas, Tom Wisely.
View MARC record | catkey: 40801171