Chapter Promuovere l'apprendimento delle STEM con le tecnologie educative nella scuola secondaria di secondo grado: opportunità e criticità. X-Reality e STEM: opportunità e criticità
- Roffi, Alice
- Florence Firenze University Press 2022
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (4 p.)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Nowadays, scientific literacy is a key aspect for active citizenship and for making informed decisions regarding scientific issues of everyday life. However, the PISA 2018 data highlight the low scientific competence of the upper secondary school students, underlining the need to foster STEM teaching. In particular, the use of the so-called X-Reality for acquiring scientific skills and to increase interest in the discipline seem promising. During the first year of my PhD, I carried out a scoping review on STEM teaching with X-Reality in the context of secondary school. The main purpose was to draw a state-of-the-art regarding X-Reality use, focusing on potential, critical aspects and challenges. After the search and selection process, 10 articles were included in the analysis. The results showed the effectiveness of X-Reality in promoting the achievement of learning objectives, the interest in the discipline and the long-term retention of knowledge. These results will be the starting point for setting up the empirical part of the PhD project.
- Other Subject(s):
- OAPEN Library.
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 40802437