A rift in the clouds : race and the southern federal judiciary, 1900-1910 / Brent J. Aucoin
- Aucoin, Brent J. (Brent Jude)
- Fayetteville : University of Arkansas Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 169 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Dark clouds -- Judge Jacob Trieber -- Judge Emory Speer -- Judge Thomas Goode Jones.
- Trieber, Jacob, 1853-1927
- Speer, Emory
- Jones, Thomas Goode, 1844-1914
- African Americans—Civil rights—History—20th century
- African Americans—Civil rights—Southern States—History—20th century
- Race discrimination—Law and legislation—United States—History—20th century
- Civil rights movement—United States—History—20th century
- Judges—United States
- 9781557288493 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1557288496 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 127-163) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4098351