The Amsterdam International : the world of the International Federation of Trade Unions (IFTU), 1913-1945 / Geert Van Goethem
- Goethem, Geert van
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 320 pages ; 24 cm.
- Studies in labour history
- The world of the International Federation of Trade Unions : Amsterdam, Berlin, and Paris -- The discordant clamour for international unity : the red temptation of the International Federation of Trade Unions -- Subordinate or partner? : the difficult relationship between the IFTU, as the umbrella organisation of national unions, with the international trade secretariats -- Geneva : the International Labour Organization and the social reform programme of the IFTU -- 'Seeking problems' : The women's division of the IFTU -- Isolationism or leadership : the American Federation of Labor and the International Federation of Trade Unions -- A free labour movement in a world without freedom : the IFTU against fascism and nazism -- Beyond the International Federation of Trade Unions : the path to the World Federation of Trade Unions -- Under cover : the secret services of the international trade union movement.
- 0754652548 (alk. paper)
9780754652540 (alk. paper)
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (doctoral)--Universiteit van Amsterdam.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -318) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4100755