Safeguarding the health sector in times of macroeconomic instability : policy lessons for low- and middle-income countries / edited by Slim Haddad, Enis Bariş, Delampady Narayana
- The MAPhealth project: a multi-country initiative -- Macroeconomic adjustment policies and health sector reform: surveying the literature -- Methodological issues in evaluating public policy -- Health sector reform under macroeconomic adjustment in Burkina Faso: lost opportunities? -- Aiming for equity in Colombia's health system reform: achievements and continuing challenges -- Adjustment and health sector reforms: the solution to low public spending on health care in India? -- High health achievements and good access to health care at great cost: the emerging Kerala situation -- Reform without structural change: conserving traditional sources of power and prestige in Mexico's segmented health market -- The evolution of Thailand's health system after three crises, three adjustments, and three decades of growth -- Safeguarding the health sector in times of macroeconomic instability: policy lessons from Zimbabwe -- Political will and adaptive strategies: keys to safeguarding health in diverse cases with varied reforms.
- Health care reform—Economic aspects—Developing countries
- Medical policy—Economic aspects—Developing countries
- Political planning—Developing countries—Finance
- Structural adjustment (Economic policy)—Developing countries
- Economic stabilization—Developing countries
- Medical economics—Developing countries
- Health Care Reform—economics
- Developing Countries
- Public Policy
- Socioeconomic Factors
- 9781592215966 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4104496