Handbook of natural colorants / edited by Thomas Bechtold, Avinash P. Manian, Tung Pham
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2023.
- Copyright Date:
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxviii, 654 pages) : illustrations (some color).
- Additional Creators:
- Bechtold, Thomas, Manian, Avinash P., and Pham, Tung
- Handbook of Natural Colorants -- Historical Development. History of Natural Dyes in the Ancient Mediterranean Civilization / Maria J Melo -- Colors in Civilizations of the World and Natural Colorants: History under Tension / Dominique Cardon -- History of Natural Dyes in North Africa_Egypt / Harby Ezzeldeen Ahmed -- Natural Colorants in Different Regions of the World. Sources for Natural Colorants in Europe / Thomas Bechtold, Tung Pham, Avinash P Manian -- Dyes in South America / Veridiana Vera Rosso1, Adriana Zerlotti Mercadante2 -- Natural Dyes in Eastern Asia (Vietnam and Neighboring Countries) / Tung Pham, Thomas Bechtold -- Sources for Natural Colorants in China / Ren-Cheng Tang -- Sources, Application, and Analysis of Natural Colorants: An Indian Perspective / Ashis Kumar Samanta, Deepali Singhee -- Natural Dye Gardens in North America / Wendy Weiss1, Thomas Bechtold2 -- Colorant Production and Properties. Chlorophylls / María Roca -- Indigo-Production and Properties / Philip John1, Luciana Gabriella Angelini2 -- Anthocyanins: Revisiting Nature's Glamorous Palette / Maria J Melo,, Fernando Pina,, Natércia Teixeira, Claude Andary -- Natural Colorants-Quinoid, Naphthoquinoid, and Anthraquinoid Dyes / Goverdina C H Derksen1, Thomas Bechtold2 -- Natural Colorants from Lichens and Mushrooms / Riikka Räisänen -- Focus on Tannins / Riitta Julkunen-Tiitto1, Hely Häggman2 -- Carotenoid Dyes-Properties and Production / U Gamage Chandrika -- Flavonoids as Natural Pigments / M Monica Giusti, Gonzalo Miyagusuku-Cruzado, Taylor C Wallace -- Natural Colorants from Fungi / Cassamo U Mussagy, Fernanda Oliveira, Valeria C Santos-Ebinuma -- Natural Colorants from Cyanobacteria and Algae / Laurent Dufossé -- Biotechnological Production of Microbial Pigments: Recent Findings / Vivian Katherine Colorado Gómez, Juan Pablo Ruiz-Sánchez, Alejandro Méndez-Zavala, Lourdes Morales-Oyervides, Julio Montañez -- Analytical Methods for Characterization and Standardization of Natural Dyes and Pigments / Tung Pham, Avinash Manian, Thomas Bechtold -- Wood-From Natural Color Patterns Toward Naturally Altered Color Impressions / Martin Weigl-Kuska1, Andreas Kandelbauer2, Christian Hansmann3 and, Ulrich Müller4 -- The Role of Mordants in Fixation of Natural Dyes / Avinash P Manian -- Textile Coloration with Natural Dyes and Pigments / Thomas Bechtold, Tung Pham, Avinash P Manian -- Hair Coloration with Natural Dyes and Pigments / Thomas Bechtold -- Natural Colorants in the Mass Coloration of Plastics / Thomas Bechtold, Tung Pham -- Natural Colorants in Printing/Packaging / Thomas Bechtold, Tung Pham -- Technical Aspects and Requirements to Produce Natural Colorants-Processes and Product Standardization / Thomas Bechtold, Avinash Manian -- Environmental and Economic Position of Natural Colorants-Energy and Resources Balances, Sustainability, Ecology, and Costs / Susanne Geissler1, Thomas Bechtold2 -- Aspects of Human Toxicology and Consumer Safety / Judith Büttler, Thomas Bechtold, Tung Pham -- Index
- "Colorants can be dyes, pigments, inks, paint, or chemicals. Colorants are used in relatively small quantities but play an important role in many products including textiles, polymers, food and cosmetics. The growing interest and focus on renewable resources, sustainability and replacement of oil-based products are driving forces to adopt natural resources, and there have been significant developments in the research and application of natural colorants as part of the transition to a bio-based economy"--
- 9781119811749 electronic book
1119811740 electronic book
9781119811725 electronic book
1119811724 electronic book
9781119811732 electronic book
1119811732 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 41053482