At home with work : understanding and managing remote and hybrid work / Nyla Naseer
- Naseer, Nyla
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2023.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 127 pages).
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Background. Technology made remote work possible ; Covid: the big remote-work experiment ; Work in a changing society ; Changed expectations about work ; Why we want remote work ; Remote working downsides -- Managing in the remote work era. New power dynamics ; Creating a high-trust environment ; The new reality for organizations ; Changed realities on the ground ; Making decisions about remote-work options ; Benefits of hybrid working ; Practical management: assessment ; Practical management: process ; Danger signs ; Managing hybrid work ; What the future holds for work -- Conclusion.
- Remote and hybrid work environments have boomed in number; however, understanding on how to manage remote and hybrid work is still in its infancy. We need better guidance on the impact of remote working on behavior, organizational culture and wellbeing, so that remote working models are optimized for success. At Home with Work provides this understanding and guidance. This book explains the background of remote work: how technology and a changing society created the perfect backdrop to mass adoption of fully remote and hybrid work. It shows how what started as an emergency response to COVID became the biggest global change to working arrangements in living memory and shifted our expectations about work itself.
- Other Subject(s):
- 9781637424605 e-book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 115-117) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 41053739