Youths behaviour, or, Decency in conversation amongst men [microform] / composed in French by grave persons, for the use and benefit of their youth ; now newly turned into English by Francis Hawkins, nephew to Sir Thomas Hawkins, translator of Caussin's Holy court ; with the addition of twenty six new precepts ...
- Uniform Title:
- Bienséance de la conversation entre les hommes. English
- Additional Titles:
- Decency in conversation amongst men
- London : Printed by S. Griffin for William Lee ..., 
- The ninth impression, whereunto is Lilies rules, translated out of the Latin into English verse ...
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 70 pages, 38 unnumbered pages, 1 leaf of plates : illustrations, portrait
- Additional Creators:
- Hawkins, Francis, 1628-1681
- Related Titles:
- New additions unto Youths behaviour
- Frontispiece port. of Francis Hawkins as a child.
Imperfect: item at reel 2300:17 stained, worn and cropped.
Reproduction of originals in the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign Campus). Library and Bodleian Library.
Second part has special t.p. with imprint date, 1668.
Translation of Bienséance de la conversation entre les hommes.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1993, 1995. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2203:16 and 2300:17)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) Y209A
View MARC record | catkey: 4106899