The family physitian, or A collection of choice, approv'd and experienc'd remedies. The first volume [microform] : for the cure of almost all diseases incident to humain bodies, whether internal or external; useful in families, and very serviceable to country people : containing some hundreds of considerable receipts and secrets of great vallue, with observations of great cures : together with the true English wine-celler, or the right method of making English-wines, or metheglin : with a collection of the choicest and safest cosmetick remedies for preserving the beauty and complection of ladies, never before publish'd / by Geo. Hartman, phylo chymist, who liv'd and travell'd with the honourable and renoun'd Sir Kenelm Digby in several parts of Europe, the space of seven years ...
- Hartman, G. (George), active 1668-approximately 1682
- Additional Titles:
- Collection of choice, approv'd and experienc'd remedies
- London : Printed by H. Hills for the author ..., 1696.
- Physical Description:
- 18 unnumbered pages, 528 pages, 2 leaves of plates : illustrations
- Imperfect: faded, stained, and tightly bound.
No more published?
Numerous errors in paging.
Reproduction of original in: William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, Unversity of California, Los Angeles.
Signatures: A-Z⁸, Aa-Ll⁸ (Y₄ incorrectly signed X₄)
Title within double line border.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1994. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2247:5)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) H1003A
View MARC record | catkey: 4106978