Classical Indian philosophy of induction [electronic resource] : the Nyāya viewpoint / Kisor Kumar Chakrabarti
- Chakrabarti, Kisor Kumar
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 311 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gaṅgeśa, active 13th century. Selections
- Language Note:
- Selections in Romanized Sanskrit with English translations.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The problem of induction : East and West -- The later Nyāya solution -- The method of generalization : Vyāptigrahopāyah -- Counterfactual reasoning : Tarka -- Universal-based extraordinary perception : Sāmānyalakșan̦apratyakșa -- Earlier views of adjuncts : Upādhivādah -- The accepted view of adjuncts : Upādhivādasiddhāntah -- Classification of adjuncts : Upādhivibhāgah -- Sriharsa's Khan̦danakhan̦dakhādyam on pervasion -- Selected passages from Prabhacandra's Prameyakamalamārtan̦da on critique of pervasion and inference -- Selections from Dharmakirti's Nyāyabindu on non-perception as a probans.
- 9780739122761 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 41076108