Theopolis, or the city of God new Jerusalem, in opposition to the city of the nations great Babylon; comprehending the blessing and benefit of Christs Kingdom, in the thousand years reign before his personal coming and appearing, after the total ruine of the beast, and his kingdom. In a coment upon the 10th. and 21st. chapters of the revelations. With an additional answer to these two material questions: 1. Whether the thousand years reign is not already past, as Brightman, and others affirm. 2. Whether the natural Jew is not most concerned in the latter day promises prophecies, especially in the pulling down Babylon, and building of Zion, as Maton, and others assert [microform].
- Danvers, Henry, -1687
- Additional Titles:
- City of God, or Kingdom of Christ, in the thousand years reign before his personal coming and appearing, further asserted and cleared. from the 21th. chapter of the Revelations. Wherein you have the mystery of the two worlds, kingdoms, Christs & Anti-christs. Cities, Jerusalem and Babylon, women, bride and whore, creatures, lamb and beast. further explained, Agreement, difference and reconciliation of brethren, touching the monarchical kingdom and personal coming of Christ, and Emblemical representations of the true and false church
- London : printed by T. Ratcliff, and Nat. Thompson, for Nathanie[l] [sic] Ponder, at the Peacock in Chancery-Lane, 1672.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, 247 pages, 5 unnumbered pages : illustrations
- DFo copy filmed at UMI microfilm Early English Books 1641-1700 reel 2479 is lacking t.p.:"The city of God, or Kingdom of Christ" and has two folded leaves at end; the first is titled: "Emblemical representations of the true and false church"; the second is titled: "The agreement, difference and reconciliation of brethren, touching the monarchical kingdom and personal coming of Christ.".
Errata on verso of final page.
Identified as Wing C4357, reel 2331, of the UMI microfilm set "Early English books, 1641-1700".
NNUT copy includes an additional typeset title page: The city of God, or Kingdom of Christ, ... London, printed in the year of our Lord. 1672. (It is the only copy listed Wing C4357 which is apparently a ghost.); and with an engraved title page: Great Babylon the mother of Harlots & abominations of [...] that filthy & bloody city. Rev. 17.
Reproduction of original in the Union Theological Seminary Library, New York, New York and the Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington, D.C.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1995, 1997. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2331:6; 2479:15).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- McAlpin Coll. III, p.629
Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) C4357
Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) D231
View MARC record | catkey: 4108123