Construction Incentivization [electronic resource] : Beyond Carrot and Stick / edited by Sai On Cheung, Liuying Zhu
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2023.
- 1st ed. 2023.
- Physical Description:
- XX, 288 p. 25 illus., 6 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Cheung, Sai On., Zhu, Liuying, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Incentivization: beyond competence -- Incentivization or dis-incentivization -- Multi-agent incentivising mechanism for integrated project delivery -- Incentivizing relationship investment for mega project management -- Would raising psychological well-being incentivize construction workers? -- Approaches to incentivize commitment to immersive technology construction -- Means to incentivize safety compliance at work -- Incentivization to mitigate schedule impact due to COVID and beyond -- Interweaving incentivizers and dis-incentivizers for construction dispute negotiation settlement -- Would bridging power asymmetry incentivize willingness to mediate -- Revisiting incrementalism to incentivize land supply agenda reform in Hong Kong -- Normative principles of construction incentivization planning.
- This book proposes ways to make construction project incentive schemes effective. In this book, construction incentivization is used as a collective term that includes all forms of incentive arrangements aiming to engender extra effort of the contracting parties for the improvement of project performance. This book addresses two questions: i) why so many construction incentive schemes are not delivering the desired outcome? and ii) what will make incentive works under different circumstances? This book contributes to the body of knowledge in construction incentivization by offering conceptualization, showcases and practice suggestions including guidelines for the planning of construction incentive schemes.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 41082945