Tourism, Travel, and Hospitality in a Smart and Sustainable World [electronic resource] : 9th International Conference, IACuDiT, Syros, Greece, 2022 - Vol. 2 / edited by Vicky Katsoni
- Cham : Springer Nature Switzerland : Imprint: Springer, 2023.
- 1st ed. 2023.
- Physical Description:
- XXXI, 681 p. 163 illus., 153 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Katsoni, Vicky and SpringerLink (Online service)
- This book features the second volume of the proceedings of the 9th International Conference of the International Association of Cultural and Digital Tourism (IACuDiT). Held at the Syros Island in Greece in September 2022, the conference's lead theme was 'Tourism, Travel, and Hospitality in a Smart and Sustainable World'. With a full appreciation of the contributions made by numerous writers toward the progress in tourism research, this book presents a critical academic discourse on sustainable practices in a smart tourism context, stimulating future debates and advancing knowledge and understanding in this critical area of knowledge. It also puts emphasis on the knowledge economy and smart destinations notion. It enacts new modes of tourism management and development and presents chapters on cultural heritage tourism, emerging technologies and tourism consumer behaviour, such as tourism education, location-based services, Internet of Things, smart cities, mobile services, gamification, digital collections and the virtual visitor, social media, social networking, and augmented reality.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 41083015