THE DIODE DIVIDER IN AN ANALOG DIVIDER, MULTIPLIER AND SQUARE-ROOT EXTRACTOR
- Shea, R. F.
- United States : [publisher not identified], 1962.
[Oak Ridge, Tennessee] : [U.S. Atomic Energy Commission], 1962.
- Physical Description:
- microfiche : negative ; 8 x 13 cm
- A semiconductor diode provides a means of obtainlng a dynamic resistance inversely proportional to its d-c current. If this variable resistance is used as part of an a-c divider, the output will be proportional to the quotient of a-c input to d-c input. Two such dividers may be combined to provide multiplicntion where one divider provides the d-c input to the second. By using the a-c output to provide the a-c input, a square root may be obtained and if two dividers are used as a multiplier, this technique will provide the square root of the product, The application of this technique to the measurement of mass flow is illustrated. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- Other Subject(s):
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission depository collection.
- DOE contract number: W-31-109-ENG-52
NSA number: NSA-17-012528
OSTI Identifier 4769660
Research organization: Knolls Atomic Power Lab., Schenectady, N.Y.
View MARC record | catkey: 41087934