A petition for the vindication of the publique use of the Book of Common-Prayer, from some foul, but undeserved aspersions lately cast upon it [microform] : And for the asserting of the publique use of set-forms of prayer, and dispensing the holy Sacraments. Occasioned by the late ordinance for the ejecting of scandalous, ignorant, and insufficient ministers and school-masters. As also thirty seven quæres concerning the said ordinance, and the particulars thereof. Humbly presented to the most Honourable and highest court of Parliament, now convened at Westminster, anno 1654. With a true account rendred in an epistle prefixed, and an appendix subjoyned, both of the printing and presenting the same. By Lionel Gatford, batchelour in Divinity
- Gatford, Lionel, -1665
- London : printed for John Williams, at the Crown in Saint Pauls Church-yard, 1655. [i.e. 1654]
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages, 31-62 pages
- Annotation on Thomason copy: "December 8"; the second 5 in imprint date has been crossed out and date altered to 1654., Reproduction of the original in the Folger Shakespeare Library., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1996. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2391:16).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Thomason E.818 and Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) G336
View MARC record | catkey: 4108973