England's jests refin'd and improv'd [microform] : being a choice collection of the merriest jests, smartest repartee's, wittiest sayings, and most notable bulls, yet extant with many new ones, never before printed. To which are added, XI[V]. ingenious characters drawn to the life. The whole work compil'd with great care and exactness: and may serve as the witty-man's companion, the busy-man's diversion, and the melancholy-man's physick and recreation. The second edition with additions. Calculated for the innocent spending of the winter evenings, by H.C.
- Crouch, Humphrey, active 1635-1671
- London : printed for John Harris, at the Harrow against the Church in the Poultrey, 1687.
- Physical Description:
- 7 unnumbered pages, 173 pages, 10 unnumbered pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates
- Additional Creators:
- Drapentier, Jan, active 1674-1713
- Copy filmed at UMI microfilm Early English Books 1641-1700 reel 2427 lacks final advertisement leaf., Frontis. plate signed at foot "I. Drapentier", i.e. Jan Drapentier., H.C. = Humphrey Crowley., Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library., UMI reel guide incorrectly lists this as at postion 2 on reel 2427., With 5 final advertisement leaves., and ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1997. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2427:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) C7277A
View MARC record | catkey: 4109719