The description and use of the carpenters-rule [microform] : together with the use of the line of numbers (inscribed thereon) in arithmatick and geometry. And the application thereof to the measuring of superficies and solids gaging of vessels, military order interest and annuities: with tables of reduction, &c. To which is added, the use of a (portable) geometrical sun-dial, with a nocturnal on the backside, for the exact and ready finding the hour of the day and night: and other mathematical conclusions. Also of a universal dial for the use of seamen or others. Collected and fitted to the meanest capacity. By J.B.
- Brown, John (Philomath)
- Lond. [i.e. London] : printed by W. G. for W. Lugger, & W. Fisher at the Postern-gate near Tower-hill, 1656.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 172 pages, 20 unnumbered pages, 2 unnumbered folding plates : tables
- Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
ALSO AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1997. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2440:13).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) B5039BA
View MARC record | catkey: 4109902